TEFL Job in China - Visa Information and Other Requirements

Published by: goodteachersunion on 7th Aug 2017 | View all blogs by goodteachersunion

Every year, different Asian countries create the maximum number of the job vacancy. Especially when it comes to China, the number gets even higher. According to a recent study, researchers have found that there are currently 100,000 native English speakers working as an English teacher in China. Apart from rich history, advanced metropolis and natural resources, China has also become popular for creating the maximum number of ESL teachers’ vacancy. So it is fair to say that there are plenty of TEFL jobs in Asia in general and in China in particular. Continue reading to know the visa information and other requirements that you need for getting an English teaching job in China.

Academic Requirements:

Before you apply for an English teaching job in China, check the academic requirements below:

1.      Graduation on any subject (English would be preferable).

2.      TEFL certificate (170-hour TEFL certification would be preferable)

3.      Two years of experience would be preferable

Visa Information and Other Requirement:

1.      Candidates will need a valid passport with at least one year of validity.

2.      China work visa is referred to Z visa. The Chinese visa authorization issues Z visa to those candidates who have already acquired an employment permit and eager to work in China. 

3.      The organization where you will work in China will send you a Foreign Expert ID. It is also suggested to carry the ID along with you.

4.      Your employer will also send you the appointment letter after selecting you. It is also adviced to carry the appointment letter along with you. If you have received the appointment letter on mail then get a print out of it.

5.      Before visiting China, it is also vital to get a full body checkup and visit China with your fit certificate.

Final Thought:

So these are the academic and legal documents that you need for teaching English in China. There are mainly 5 different types of institutes where you can teach English. These academic institutes are public schools, private schools, international schools, colleges & Universities and ESL Institutes. Foreign teachers are also suggested to choose an institution carefully because in different institutions you have to work under different circumstances. Moreover, get prepare to work for at least 40 hours a week.

So this is all for today. Hope you have enjoyed reading the post. If you still have any question regarding the topic, feel free to contact.



Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up now.